Reconstruction 72km reconstruction of main roads Baucau to Viqueque East Timor.
As a consequence of the country’s turbulent past there was a decline in the state of repair of many of the roads throughout the country. The ability of RMS to respond with the appropriate resources ensured urgent repairs were carried out to enable safe use of the road network.
- Construction of 30 major road repairs
- Repair major slip, culvert failures, drainage systems and concrete culverts
- Source and manage gravel borrow pits
- Camp construction for 20 men
- 130 local Timorese laborers employed
Details & Contact
Duration: February – April 2000
Client: United Nations Transitional Administration
Contact: Bob Churcher