Carpentaria Gold project located at Ravenswood in North Queensland.
The project included the capping of tailings dam using bulldozers, excavators and articulated dump trucks. Profiling and draining interior of tailings dam with excavator and laser scoop. Construction of spillway and upgrade of access road to tailings dam. Load and lay-out 164,300m3.
Construction Period: November 2010 – February 2011
On time On Budget
- Implement safe and efficient production
- Load, haul, place and compact 170,000m3 of tailing to embankment
- Load, haul, place 10,000m3 of rock protection to outer batters
- Load, haul and place and trim 6000m3 topsoil to outer batter
- Raising of 2 decants
- Raining of the rock spillway
Details & Contact
Duration: November 2010 – February 2011
Client: Carpentaria Gold
Contact: Dan Clarke – Production Superintendent
Phone: 07 4752 3112